Saturday, April 26, 2008

a picture is worth a thousand words...but what about video?




my neighbor pounding rice


st pattie's day bush pig


the river gambia, about 2km from my house


propper squatting technique


my best impression of a tourist



julbrew party, my two closests neighbors from my training group


neighbor kids


me and neighbor kid


playing games with neighbor kids


lots of cash; don't worry none of it was mine


a favorite outfit, purchased in country
shirt: 50 cents
pants: $3


swearing in, all the lovely ladies in my batch


public transport. this baby is NICE! and it only
took us 6 hours to go 250 km.


honey, straight from the hive


neem trees are invasive



front page news: PC is not CIA
... also on front page:
"hippo attacts rice field"


my nice clothes


dancing on st pats day. apparently there was a
female circumscission that happened the day before
and so these ladies were around to play drums for us


typical scenery


my dog dixie, she's cute



enjoying a day at the beach. beautiful weather!


fixin to go steal honey from some bees


healthy breakfast of soda and bread in front of
typical bitik (aka corner store)


building rabbit cages


did you know cashew seeds come with fruit
attached?? it's pretty good, but dries your mouth
out really bad

3 comments:

hulag said...

Hi there friend! I am a blog reader from the Philippines. I am happy to found your interesting site. It is really worth visiting.

Bethany Sundstrom-Smith said...

Glad you to see you are doing well :) I like the pics and video. talk to you soon. Bethany

Tisa said...

Hi Alicia,
LOVE YOUR BLOG! We enjoy reading and hearing about your adventures. The videos are great and you look fantastic. I know you have brought your special sunshine to the Gambian people. Know that we love you and we pray for you every day.
Aunt Tisa