Wednesday, June 18, 2008

some traditional dress. i have never seen this actually
worn. but we were waiting for the president to drive
by. and so they dressed up.


nice scenic view, while i was walking to a friends house.


fetching water. please note my forearm. this is
not easy work!


milk, straight from the cow. seriously, they
milked the cow and then brought us the milk.
it's like 10 minutes old.... so fresh so tasty!


all over west africa, people are using urine as
fertilizer. so this is my pee catcher.


old phone booth. check out the dead
vine covering the phone.


first actual rain in eight months. so EXCITING!


gettin my hairs did.


this is a concoran. they come out to
scare away bad spirits. they dance and
carry around machettes.
mexican food... kind of. but it was so so
so good!
this is the man i am teaching about rabbits. we
were trying to make rabbit feed on this day. it
didn't work. but i learned a lot in the process.
this is heat rash. it itches. basically your sweat
doesn't come out or your pores and irritates your
skin. a lot of my PC friends living in my area have
this. it isn't really painful, just annoying.
healthy breakfast. it was so yummy!


making ataya (green tea). i habitually don't drink it, but Gambians LOVE it!






sharing taco bell sauce sent in a care pkg with my friend brian. he lives about 7km from me.






this is how i brush my teeth every day. it's like a perpetual camping trip.

reading via candle light in my friend mark's hut.

it got up to about 140F.this is the day that birds,
bats, and camilians fell out of trees dead b/c it was
so hot. the elders of the village were saying they
had never seen this before. think about global
warming...


No comments: